Headstone and Monument Accessories
The Victory Stone
Understanding Cemetery Wireless Technology
Victory Funeral Services
offers a granite microchip for cemetery headstones made from a premium grade of black granite. Its
internal electronics allow compatible smart phones to access its data
simply by one touch. (pat. pend.)
We also offer an aluminum embossed QR Code that can be scanned using your smartphone as well. This technology is also embedded in a table and obelisk that will be mentioned later in this article.
Our stones are a granite microchip that attaches to a headstone,
grave marker or other cemetery monument. It's purpose is to preserve
the obituary or story of those that have passed. Upon the stones
discovery a user may access the stones information by simply touching a
compatible smart phone to its surface* or by manual entry for all other
internet enabled cell phones.
The QR code can be scanned with your smartphone on our Aluminum product.The result is the presentation of one
picture, one story and one geographic grid coordinate map, all related
to the monument subject matter.
Your story, one photo and a geo-location map completes the beautiful tribute.
Write a Story
After purchasing, the buyer will receive instructions and account credentials to the Data Archive at the email address provided during purchase.
It is from Data Archive that you may write a story or using the existing obituary for yourself or family member from the comfort of home.
You may choose the option to allow a Victory Funeral Services representative to handle all the steps for you.
Data Archive has a unique feature that allows for On-Event
publishing of the story you create. This feature allows a story to be
written today and activated on-event of passing. Once activated the
archiving process will begin and the story will be available directly
from the matching microchip or QR Code.
Add One Picture
Historical and Genealogical Record
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge photos)
Add one picture to your data file at Data Archive. The long-term preservation of a historical or genealogical
record without any renewal fee is made possible by maintaining a small
and portable data object - the data file.
The data file currently consists of text, one photo
and one geographic grid coordinate location. Additional photos, audio
and video file formats are not included in the archiving process; however, we can provide a link to other photos if desired.
Each stone or QR Code can be assigned a physical location by grid
coordinates anywhere in the world by simply clicking a spot on the
GeoLocation map within Data Archive.
GeoLocation is a standard feature for all of our products
and this information is archived along with the stones story and
The MIcrochip is the industry leader in monument technology
with such features as wireless Touch-to-Stone allowing any NFC/RFID
enabled handset to access the stones associated information simply by
For users that do not have an NFC enabled smart phone the same
information can be accessed by manual entry of the URL (channel) and ID
number (hardlink) found on the face of the product.
Once the story has been authored the process is complete and no other action or maintenance is required.
Unlike competing memorial technology products, there is no
after-sale rental fee, data maintenance fee, data service fee, data
storage or renewal fee associated with our microchip products.
You may at anytime order a print version of your archive. The print version is a 50 page hard bound book with the
archived persons name printed on the front cover. This book includes the
archived picture and map. Any remaining blank pages in the book will be
titled as 'note' pages.
Best of all, all archive print orders have their own unique publishers ID.
*Applies only to natural stone products and not aluminum or QR code products.
FAQHow To Install a Granite Microchip on a Grave Marker
- If you are purchasing a D106 product then you have the
option of installing the product yourself using the included 3M VHB or
our stone epoxy available separately. If you are purchasing a new
headstone from a monument builder they can, in most cases, install the
product for you. Please note that professional monument builders have
installation options and some products that are not available
for the do-it-yourselfer. If you need assistance with either option
please contact us, we are happy to help.
How Do I Create a Story For My Stone
- You will receive detailed instructions after receiving your emailed access credentials at time of purchase. It
is from this location that you may enter over 1000 words of text
(10,000 for professional grade products), a single photo and global grid
coordinates of the stones physical location.
What Happens When I Touch my Cell Phone to the Stone
- Touching any compatible NFC enabled phone to the surface
of a our Stones will return the stones associated information
including including the story and picture.
- If your phone is not NFC-enabled you can still access the
same information manually by using the URL (channel) shown on face of
the stone tablet or disk.
What is NFC
- NFC stands for Near Field Communication and it is a
short-range wireless connectivity technology standard format related to
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification). NFC is included as a standard data access method on Personal Stone products.
What Cell Phones Will a Stone Work With
- You can access a Stone's associated data file with any
Internet-enabled cell phone by manual entry of the stones URL and ID
number. Only NFC-enabled smart phones, such as the Google / Samsung
Nexus S, can access the Stone's microchip Touch-to-Stone™
functionality. The global adoption and availability of new NFC
technology is on a significant upswing with dozens of new phone
offerings expected in 2012 and beyond from manufacturers such as HTC,
LG, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericson and Toshiba, to name a few.
Does the Victory Stone use Short Message Service (SMS)
- No. There has never been any Stone product that has used text messaging.
Is There a Subscription or Any Renewal Fee With This Product
- No renewal fee of any kind, which is one of our products
greatest features. A Victory Stone is a one time purchase and unlike
many competing technology-based products there is no subscription,
renew or recurring fee of any kind. Our content is archived, there is
no renewal, ever.
Do I Need to Install Any Software on My Phone to Use This Product
- No. Unlike competing products, there is no need to
download any special reader software or phone App to use a Victory Stone
natural stone product.
Is There a Battery Inside of a Victory Stone
- No. The internal microchip(s) uses the phones own magnetic
field to power up long enough to communicate and then returns to a
dormant state, all in less than one second.
How to Purchase
- You can purchase directly from our online via email with payment on PayPal, credit or debit card or contact us. For assistance, email
support at email@example.com or call 903-988-1122.
How Long For Delivery
- Normal delivery time for a Stone disk is about seven
business days. Normal delivery for a Obelisk or tablet is
about four weeks after approval of proof. Please don't hesitate to contact
us for more urgent needs.
Stone Purchase Include
- Your purchase includes both the stone product and the mobile ready archive.
- The best assurance in business. Our 30-day satisfaction
guarantee, product warranty, Forever Guarantee and our exceptional
- Access credentials to the heart of our system, the Stone™ Data Archive. It is from this access point that you may archive and edit the stone's related digital information.
- Product box or other holder, when applicable.
- Double sided 3M VHB indoor / outdoor surface mounting adhesive strip (D106 products).
How to Install a Stone Product
- Optional accessories may be available as a promotion or at an additional cost including mounting epoxy.
- A do-it-yourself 3M brand peel and stick / adhesive mount option is available for the Victory Stone disk D106.
- Use our Clear Gel Epoxy for a permanent mount for any of our natural stone products. It is available in our store; for options or contact us for assistance.
What is the Stone Warranty and Guarantee
- All Stone products can be professionally installed
as an inset flush with the monument surface. See your local monument
builder or contact us for assistance.
- Each Stone comes with the best assurance in the
industry starting with a 30 day money-back guarantee from the date of
purchase. If you do not agree that your Stone offers the best
available technology, archiving and genealogical reference for a
cemetery gravestone or you are not satisfied for any other reason we
will refund 100% of your purchase price, minus shipping and handling.
- Each Stone tablet comes with a 1 year limited liability warranty against manufacturing and performance defects.
- Each Stone tablet comes with a 'Forever' guarantee,
which is a separate fractional fee guarantee, beginning one year after
date of purchase. The Forever guarantee survives from generation to
generation available to anyone that is in possession of the Data Archive
credentials assigned to a specific stone product. There is no
requirement to present a receipt or show proof of purchase to exercise
this guarantee. The fractional fee of this guarantee is 15% of the
current regular retail price and covers all product repair and service
described below in to perpetuity / forever.
- The Forever guarantee is honored by repairing, refunding,
replacing with equivalent or current product, at our sole
discretion. When repairable, we will correct any technology defect
or natural weathering and environmental degradation. We will
re-burn / code electronics as needed, refresh the stone face,
inspect, repair, polish and or hone stone disk or tablets to factory
specifications as needed, when replacement is not required.
- The Stone warranty and Forever guarantee does not cover vandalism or modification, breakage caused
by prying, dropping or any cause of blunt force damage.
- The warranty and guarantee are considered void when
tampering of the internal electronics has occurred or aftermarket
modifications to the tablet have been made.
- The warranty and Forever guarantee do not cover shipping
charges to our facility, any on-site repair or service, stone removal
from a memorial marker or custom modifications.
Where is The Stone Made
- The Stone Microchip products are made in the Southwestern United States.
What are the Dimensions of a Personal Stone
What Inspired the Name and Logo
- The granite tablet is approximately 2.4 X 4.0 X 0.3 or 60mm X 101mm X 7mm
- The granite disk is approximately 56mm in diameter and 6mm thick.
- The logo is that of the mythical bird, the Phoenix, after our city of origin, Phoenix, Arizona.
Although upon purchase the owner can
simply purchase the stone or QR code and add the information to the website at no
additional cost; we offer the following services:
A Victory Granite Tablet, is a one-time expense of $199.00
A Victory Microchip, is a one-time expense of $199.00
A Victory QR Tag, is a one-time expense of $50.00
Designing pages and uploading information is $25.00 per page. Updates and changes are charged at the same rate.
The owner can install the code on the headstone or our installation of stones and QR Codes at cemetery fee is $100.00 within 25 miles of the funeral home. Mileage fees apply after the 26th mile.
Embedded stones require installation by headstone dealer.
Keepsake key rings with photo and QR code -- $6.00 each.
(Photo of deceased on one side and QR code on the reverse.)
Note: The owner of the page is responsible for furnishing all information that is to be uploaded to the website.
When shopping look for the following product symbols to quickly recognize included features on our products.
Identifies product as NFC-RFID enabled.
Archived at Monument Data Archive Network™ and Internet Archive™
Identifies product as having an archive print order option.